So as a follow up to my last blog post, here's the one where I talk about the top. The whole time I was making that skirt, I was contemplating a top to go with it. My initial plan was to make something using the same fabric but a recent house move revealed an alarmingly, italics worthy, large stash. I know interpretation of stash size is very subjective but I've revealed mine to a few sewing mates since the move and the general responses have been along the lines of 'oh my god' and 'holy *insert expletive of choice*'. Also, I now officially have more fabric at home than Colette and that scares me a little bit. But hey, on the upside, I now have a sewing room and being able to leave my machines out is making it a helluva lot easier to find time to BEAT THAT STASH.
Anyhoo, back to that top. Regular readers will know that I love a good raglan and this one's no exception. It's an ever so slightly modified version of vintage Butterick 5111 (view B), with shortened and cuffed sleeves. Because I didn't want to interfere with the lace piece on the back, I put the invisible zip on the front and much prefer to wear it open because that neckline is high!
The front, sleeves and neck binding (used instead of facings) are a beautiful linen/viscose blend left over from this dress. For the back, I used a small piece of our Lavern 100% Cotton Guipure Lace (also available in black at Surry Hills and Melbourne).
All over stash busting satisfaction. And it feels pretty damn good.