Last Saturday marked the first skill building session in Sydney. Held at Tessuti Chatswood, it was a huge succes and those in attendance found it very informative. Special thanks to interfacing guru Lisbeth from Freudenberg, who fielded many topics and questions including:
- how to go about choosing the correct weight interfacing for their project
- to use steam or not to use steam when ironing interfacing to fabric
- how best to iron interfacing to all weights of fabric
- which pieces should be interfaced in a tailored jacket
- shrinkage and bubbling issues with some interfacings
Lisbeth also passed on helpful tips and tricks to help combat seam slippage, puckered seams and better finishes on lapels. She also touched on new interfacing products on the market for stretch wovens, two-way stretch and wovens with mechanical stretch. Samples were passed around to show uses for products like seam tape, bias tape, hemming tape, fabulous clear tape for jerseys, sleevehead wadding and other uses for viesoflix.
The next FREE skill building session for interfacing will be held at Tessuti Surry Hills on Saturday 1st June (10am -12pm). No bookings required.
Hope to see you there.