Tres Fabu



*Image above from here

I went to visit Jenny at Tres Fabu yesterday to have a little look out the back of her divine shop at Northbridge. At the rear of her store is a room filled with remnants of fabric, jars and boxes of old buttons and vintage patterns and magazines.Some of the patterns dating back to the 1930's.



I had in mind to make up a new coat for this winter in a new emerald green flannel wool we have coming this month at Tessuti.

And look at the wonderful vintage Simplicity 7307 pattern I found. I will just have to grade it down one size and try it out in a calico first to check the fit ( back in 1967 a 36 inch bust - was considered a size 16!!!!). I love the style and I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I think I will try out the single breasted version and if it turns out as well as I hope - I will also try out the double breasted version - perhaps in a checked or tweed wool.




xxx

Labels: , , ,