Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Pattern Review - Vogue 2981

This is our very first trouser pattern review!!! I live in trousers - any style really - but have two pattern styles I love and use them over and over again - for both summer and winter. If you like your pants wide legged and relaxed, I think this is one to try.

Here is Alex wearing pants she made up in Tessuti's 100% Wool Check - the pattern used here is Vogue 2981 from the alice + olivia pant range.

If you notice the alice + olivia pants on shopstyle - they are slightly more fitted at the high-hip and crotch. Alex had wanted a more looser, lower fit on her pants so made them slightly bigger. In order to get your desired fit, make a calico of these before cutting into your fabric. I guarantee that you will use this pattern again and again.

Below is an idea of what these could look like in a summer version.
(courtesy: shopstyle )

PS. Last night I finally watched the latest episode of Project Runway. I really enjoyed it and look forward to next weeks show. Henry Roth used a great phrase on the show, when talking about the all important fit on the crotch of pants - I will now refer to it as 'crotch watch' too!!!


  1. Were they pretty difficult to make? I've just begun sewing for myself, and am highly intimidated by pants.


    They turned out really cute - and that slimmer pair of long shorts is nice too.

  2. They look fabulous! Alex is so stylish :)
    I have a similar pattern in my stash, i think i'll dig it out.

  3. gorgeous! the whole look is put together so well.

  4. Is there anything cooler than plaid pants? I don't think so.

    I think I have this pattern in my stash...

  5. Thanks for this! I'm wanting to make some pants but haven't been pattern hunting yet, and I think you just did it for me! I love the two styles on this pattern.


Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright 2010 - Sew Tessuti Blog - Sewing Tips & Tutorials - New Fabrics, Pattern Reviews .Website Design by Jimmyweb.