Starting tomorrow is the Lavazza Italian Film Festival 2008 at Palace Cinemas ( Norton Street, Leichardt and Academy Twin, Paddington) in Sydney (Sept 24 - Oct 12).
Greg and I are sure to check out as many as we can ( don't know how we will fit it in , but we'll try! )I hope to see these:
* Days and Clouds - this movie is by the same director, Silvio Soldini. Remember his wonderful movie Bread and Tulips ?
* Her Whole Life Ahead - the opening night film is always fabulous.
* Lessons In Chocolate - looks fantastic...we love a good Italian comedy!
* Speak To Me Of Love - by actor/director , Silvio Muccino - I loved him in The Manual Of Love
Plus, in this years restrospective selection - a must is the 1964 classic Marriage Italian-Style with Sophia Loren and Marcello Mastroianni.
- check out where and when it's on in your city.
Ps I'd love to hear from anyone who is going or what your thoughts were on this years films.