Kissing Kate - Wool Jersey Dress



Even I missed out on getting my hands on some of this beautiful Italian 100% wool jersey called 'Kissing Kate'! I had been wondering what to make in it and suddenly it was all gone. The print and combination of colours were just perfect...sigh!



Since then I've seen it made up in some great skirts , tops , scarves and here it is looking really sweet made up in this simple drop-waist dress by our latest contributor Kirsty.

Kirsty did not use any particular pattern here. She whipped this up quite quickly - she simply copied the shape of a jersey sleeveless top and added a half circular skirt to the hem of it and made a self belt to wear around the hip. This super fine wool jersey was slightly sheer so Kirsty fully lined her dress in Tessuti's 'Nude Orbit' Viscose/Elastane jersey knit. There you have a very sweet and wearable dress that looks great teamed back with her teal coloured wool tunic.

Kirsty told me that she'd bring in some of her other Tessuti creations...I really look forward to seeing them!

Labels: , , , ,