Pattern Review - Simplicity 3887



This top, made using Simplicity 3887 is going to be a favourite for Spring/Summer. I cut out View E but I eliminated the elasticated hem (leaving it loose) and the neck band facing gaped a little when I sampled it up - so I pinched out the excess from the neck facing pattern (just a touch) and lightly interfaced both sides .The length and lovely flared sleeves were perfect.



I have actually made this pattern a couple of times - some in cotton voiles, but I think it makes up best in silk georgette.I made up the size 10 and didn't find it too voluminous, the fluidness of the silk georgette helps too. Here it is in stunning 'Blue Seurat' ... I lived in it while I was away in Italy.



This pattern has been around a while, it also seems to be a favourite with bloggers plus you will find a few versions on Flickr - check out Erica's and Stephanie's. But I have to say I fell in love with Emma's version first...



xxx

Labels: , , , , , ,