Fashion Flashback - my fifteen minutes of fame c.1990



Alas no, I didn't go to the Melbourne Cup today - I was working. This is me in 1990 (!!!) after winning Fashions on the Field at Randwick's Spring Racing Carnival. And on viewing this pic, it would be fair to say that racewear trends have certainly changed. Back then it was all about big hair, big hats, big gold jewellery and BIG shoulders. Oh, and throw a big bow in there for good measure as well. And what did I win? A week's stay for two at Marina Mirage in the Gold Coast (the good old days of Christopher Skase!), a magnum of Bollinger and a bottle of Fendi perfume. Not bad, but not quite the SAAB convertible that this year's Fashions on the Field winner will score. Check out some gorgeous 2008 Derby Day looks here.

I lucked out in our Tessuti cup sweep today. Did you back a winner?

xxx

Labels: