Stylish Dress Book 2 - pattern 'C' and Linda Linen








Introducing my latest favourite top...worn two days in a row actually...eek!

Seriously this has to be the most comfortable top I own, other than this one. The pattern used was 'C' from Stylish Dress Book 2 made up in our gorgeous 100% linen Linda Aubergine Grey.

I have to admit that I can't take all the credit, as I have already seen this made up in the same style and fabric by a regular Tessuti Chatswood customer and I absolutely fell in love with it. Thanks Yolanda! Like her I raised the neckine, gathered the centre front instead of doing the pintucks in the original version. I also pivotted the bust darts out of the pattern as I felt it didn't need it. My favourite details have to be the ruffled hem and tie-back and the linen of course, it's wonderful to wear.

I'll be making this pattern up again (and again), definitely in a dress version and I may try wearing this as it gets cooler with a fitted long sleeve top beneath it - like styled in the book.

xxx

Labels: , , , , , ,