Tessuti Fabrics turns 18!



Time has surely flown since our first fabric stall in Chatswood, waaaaaaay back in May 1992. I never imagined that I'd still be here selling fabrics all these years later. Back then, I vividly remember (as I was furiously stuffing rolls and remnants into the back of my little hatchback) wondering if anybody would seriously be interested in buying these cast-off fabrics from Mum's collections past. A couple of hours later I was racing back to the factory for more stock. Fast forward eighteen years and four stores later, and I suppose the answer is a fairly resounding 'yes! Sadly I don't have any *photographs from that day but it's etched in the memory forever. And back then, serving those first customers at that wobbly trestle table, the seed was planted and now I can't imagine doing anything else.

And so, in order to mark Tessuti's coming of age, we'd like to offer a special giveaway - a Japanese pattern book of your choice from our collection, for two Australian and one international customer. Simply leave a comment below (include an email address if you're a non-blogger, and mention somewhere in there where you're from eg. Aust, US) before Friday 14th midnight AEST . The winners will be chosen randomly.

Good luck!

* this is the earliest photo I have from our first year, a small temporary store in Victoria Plaza ( we sure did use up a lot of calico!!!) and Katie our very first Tessuti employee.

Labels: