More wonderful Tessuti creations...




Received another wonderful email from one of our customers, this time from Helen who sent me these photos of her latest sewing projects in Tessuti Fabrics. Helen says:

"...I made an outfit for my 6 week old granddaughter, Scarlett. Here is photo of her wearing a little romper suit and hat made from your Liberty fabric bought in the Melbourne Store. I used Simplicity 2388 for the romper and 2629 for the hat. Making a hat which fits has been a challenge as I’m finding the ‘mop’ hats are all too big and covered her whole face however, the ’48 vintage pattern worked well. Buttons at the back allow for adjustment and it can be laid out flat when washed and ironed.

Secondly, I made a top for myself from the lovely cotton voile called ‘Water and Ice’ also purchase in the Melbourne Store. I have been experimenting with the Japanese pattern books when making things for myself (and my grandchildren) and find even though I’m a bit on the large side they turn out OK. For this top I based my pattern on Happy Homemade Vol. 3 pattern B-2. The fabric is lovely and cool to wear in the hot summer weather"



Beautiful work Helen!

Labels: , , , , ,