Monday, August 29, 2011

Lovelace dress for Claudia

I made this lace dress up for Claudia to wear to a wedding on the weekend, as there's a serious lack of suitable special occasion dresses for 12 year olds!!!

The dress was simple and very quick to make. For the bodice, I basted 100% Nylon two-tone chantilly lace 'Lovelace' onto 'Rosa Pink' silk satin and gathered the lace and a slightly less gathered silk satin together for the skirt. The armholes and neckline are trimmed with black silk georgette and to highlight the trim I added a black belt made from our lovely soft Mokuba grosgrain ribbon range.

To be honest Claudia's dress was inspired by these cute ballet style shoes!


  1. This is beautiful and totally age-appropriate! There is certainly a hole in the market for tweens/early teens who look their age or are a little small. I had this problem with my step-daughter and I sewed a lot of dresses with s SBA! And pulled in necklines, etc! Your daughter is very lucky to have you!

  2. Beautiful dress! She looks adorable and in such a good taste.

  3. Utterly gorgeous and on trend!

  4. I'm a stretch lace nut...and I wonder whether to make tops with some lace in it for my young nieces. I saw a young girl wearing a stretch lace tank recently as a layering pieces...which seems like something my nieces would do. I think lace, when it's not over the top, works for the younger set.

  5. Totally agree with the lack of age appropriate clothing. What a gorgeous dress and so is Claudia.


Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright 2010 - Sew Tessuti Blog - Sewing Tips & Tutorials - New Fabrics, Pattern Reviews .Website Design by Jimmyweb.