Suzy's Latest Creations


Here's another great email I received last week, this time from Sew Inn regular, Suzie:

Hi Colette!
As promised here are my holiday photos wearing my lovely Tessuti creations! In the first one we're at the Beverly Hills Hotel celebrating my husband's birthday.

The pattern for the Missoni dress is Burda 7352 - I joined the top and skirt together as one piece, omitted the drapes & invisible zipper and used wide elastic sewn between the dress and the lining to hold it up (so easy!). This pattern is a fantastic basic.




The "Pokemon Nights" dress is in NYC just before dinner one night (Jack (my lovely 8 year old) was the photographer and I think he didn't do a bad job at all). This strapless dress pattern is based on the "Une Souris Dans Mon Dressing" strapless dress from her blog. This fabric is beautiful to sew and has a nice denim feel - I think it would be fantastic in shorts as well. I piped the band at the top, the waist band and the pockets with black satin bias binding (from Tessuti's as well).
Love Suzie x


Thanks Suzy. I'm sure you've got us all inspired (and excited) about getting into some summer sewing again!

===========================

*Don't forget to enter our latest giveaway. Comments close end of day, Wednesday 3rd August AEST

Labels: , , , ,