Pattern Review - McCalls 6162




Graphic Artist, Alex joined our Sew Inn classes a few months ago, to brush up on her sewing skills and to make a fabulous dress for an upcoming wedding she was going to.

With McCalls 6162 pattern in mind Alex chose this printed Cotton/Elastane Sateen 'Red Lippy' (sold out - but available at Tessuti Chatswood in Possum Grey). Alex made up View C and this is what she had to say about the pattern:

"With regard to alterations, I had to adjust the bodice slightly - bring this in at the sides, increase the darts and take some off the bottom of the bodice so the waist sat correctly. I also shortened the shoulder details by about 1cm so I wasn't channeling the 80's too much (been there done that!) "



Alex loved working with this beautiful stretch woven:

" I think it was perfect for this project and is just sits so well - plus the print hides all my sewing sins :-)

I have to say I had a great time at the Sew Inn and feel I have a new found confidence in tackling sewing projects!"


Be sure to check out past and future sewing projects over on Alex's blog.

Labels: , , , ,