Sunday, November 13, 2011

Melbourne staff Christmas party: Longrain



We got in early for this year's Melbourne Tessuti staff Christmas shindig. This year, we chowed down at Longrain and yes, it was goooooood.


But this isn't a food blog, so you want to see our party dresses? Here's Evelyne in Vogue 8755 (oh, the detail)...


Brianna in a very Issey Miyake-esque number from Pattern Magic 3 in our Blueberry Ponti...


...Nichola in an original, smokin' strapless number...


...Trish (our newest staff member and clutch afficianado) in a Lip It Baby skirt and viscose blend top...


...Suzie in a fabulous original ensemble made up in Tessuti fabrics from past and present..


...Colette in McCalls 5578 made up in Eclectic Pink (stay tuned for a more detailed blog post on this one)...


...and me in a vintage Simplicity made up in my new fabric crush, ponti. I'll post more pics and details about this dress in a separate post tomorrow.


Thanks to all the ladies for rising to the frock-making challenge. But most especially, thanks for being such a joy to work alongside and helping making this year such a fun, creative and inspiring one.

Lx

6 comments:

  1. You have the most stylish sewers in Melbourne!I don't know where they are in Chicago...probably all in school, I imagine. IF I were to move to Australia, I think I would most at home in Melbourne because I love fabric, sewing and knitting (I hope you have knitters).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look amazing. Lisa, I can't wait to hear about that dress, I've been wanting a shift for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your group must have turned many heads at the restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How stunning you all are!! Such individual styles. You all look fabulous, hope you had a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, stunning dresses, fabulous ladies! Looking at the photos, I miss the smell of Melbourne streets, especially now that we're slipping into winter here in Europe.

    Hope you had fun at the dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally smitten with Brianna's Pattern Magic 3 Dress, LOVE IT! fabulous colour too. Love those books

    kazzthespazz.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright 2010 - Sew Tessuti Blog - Sewing Tips & Tutorials - New Fabrics, Pattern Reviews .Website Design by Jimmyweb.