Greetings from Julia - 2011 Tessuti Awards winner


Yesterday, we announced the 2012 Tessuti Awards and in a stroke of serendipitous timing, we've also just received this lovely email from Julia, last year's winner. She and her husband Robin (he's a keeper - read on) are currently enjoying her prize - a trip for two to New York.


Hello from New York!
 
Wanted to shoot you an email to let you know what a fabulous time my husband Robin and I are having in New York!

It's not just the city that never sleeps, it's me too. There's just so much to do! We've seen five broadway shows, gone to a Yankees game, eaten slices of pizza the size of my face, checked out the museums and sights and gone for runs through central park. 

But that's not even the best part. Robin gave me his blessing to dedicate as much time as I liked to all things fashion and sewing and so a monster was unleashed! I've been to over ten fabric and notion stores, my very first being Mood where I almost started hyperventilating the moment I walked into the store. We shopped down 5th avenue where most of the couture stores now permanently have my finger prints stained on their shop windows. We have devoured the garment district and SOHO and my lowered bank balance is evidence of my time spent there. We visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art and saw the beautiful Schiaparelli and Prada exhibition which was so beautiful and so inspiring.
One of the highlights of this trip was having a two hour private lesson with the fabulous Gretchen from "Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing".  Meeting her and learning from her was such a delight and one that could only happen in New York. 

Being in New York you can feel the buzz of opportunity and brilliance and its vibe is infectious. I'll be coming back to Melbourne super inspired and ready to create. Thank you so much Tessuti Fabrics for this amazing opportunity that I will never forget! I still can't believe I'm here!

All the best,

Julia xxx
 
Thanks so much Julia for taking the time to drop us a line in the midst of all that NYC loving, living and shopping.  Oh I remember it well...*sniff*...
 
x
 
PS This year's first prize is a trip for two (valued at $5000) to your destination of choice - anywhere! Where might you go if you win?