Pattern Review - Vogue 8602


This winter I came down with a complete colour crush on teal. Not turquoise (too light), not aqua (too green), not peacock (too blue). Just teal. Inspired by a pic I saw somewhere, I decided to make this super simple skirt that is Vogue 8602 (view A). Looking at the photo above, you'll be happy to know I've since given that hem a good and hearty press.
 

I've had the pattern for a while and I see it's now out of print but you can still get it online. And can I just say it's a bloody great pattern that totally lives up to the 'Very Easy' tag. The recommended fabrics call for something in a lighter weight (see Nasrin's linen version of View C here), but I chose this lush wool/cashmere Pelorus Coating because I wanted the skirt to sit with a bit more fullness.


Now yes, unfortunately, this fabric is sold out but the good news is we've sourced some more from a local designer and currently have limited stock available at Surry Hills and Melbourne only. Ask for 'Aqua Deep'. And given how lush and special the fabric is (it has a beautiful sheen) I simply had to line it in no less than a silk. For that, I chose a black and white crepe de chine - Square Eyes.


The pattern calls for a centre front seam. Why?...I do not know, so this was eliminated. I also shortened the overall length by about 8cm and used an invisible zip instead of the suggested dress one.

Yeah, pattern winner.

Labels: , , ,