Hey folks! We've sourced this fabulous fabric - Gridlock
- through a prominent local designer. Compostion is 21% cotton, 77% poly and 2% polyurethane. It's a tricky one to photograph but the main colour is a kind of jacaranda blue (closest to Gutermann thread #218). It's the perfect weight for dresses, pants, jackets and skirts and we want to see what YOU can do with it! Our incentive? We'll choose our favourite garment and that person will win $1000 (that's in Australian dollars).
All we want you to do is design an outfit incorporating this fabric. Make it up however you like but make it just for you! Our brief is simply to create something stylish and appropriate as day wear. Both sides of the fabric can be used and for the duration of the
contest, we've reduced the price to just AUD$12/m (originally $24/m). You're also welcome to incorporate another fabric or purchased item of clothing (e.g a shirt to go with the skirt you made). You can create a garment using a commerical pattern or an original design and there are no sizing restrictions. Entry is open to local and international sewing folk alike.
Make your garment/s, take up to ten great photos, email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject heading: 2013 Sewing Competition entry) and we'll upload them to our Pinterest competition board
. Photo guidelines are as follows:
Please ensure you include:
• at least one photo of your garment/s in the design/development stage
• at least one photo of the close up details of your design
• at least one photo of the stitching/construction inside the garment.
• only portrait photos (not landscape) as this will show your garment at its best.
Try to ...
• crop the photos to 500 pixels wide, 750 pixels high.
• submit photos that show off your creation, at least one front, side and rear photo.
• photograph the outfit being worn on a real person! (ie not a dressmaker's form).
• have a photo or two of the dress under construction.
• have a photo or two of close ups of the garment/s, to show features and the quality of the construction.
• take the photos in natural light
Contest closes 11:59pm AEST Wed 3rd April which gives you 6 weeks to make something fabulous and have fun in process. If you have any questions, please email them to email@example.com.
Go forth, sew and all the very best of luck!
PS Just a note to say that this contest is not replacing our annual Tessuti Awards. Details of our 2013 awards will be announced shortly after the conclusion of this sewing competition.