Remember our 2013 Gridlock
competition? Well, it's on again but this time with a completely
different fabric - our Jaywalk jersey, available in black/natural
(above) or ecru/natural
(below) striped colourways. Same rules of the very
open variety apply. Namely, make whatever
YOU like! Sew something that you'd like to wear, something that suits
the fabric and something that suits you. Use one colourway or combine both - the choice is completely yours.
For the competition duration, our Jaywalk fabric has been reduced from $22 to just $10 per metre. This fabulous price is available to anyone, not just those of you who are entering the competition. But if you are planning on throwing your sewing hat into our competition ring, note that our Jaywalk fabric stocks are limited and once sold out, we won't be able to reorder.
Want to do some research? For those of you without an overlocker/serger, be sure to check out some truly fabulous online resources that give you a myriad
on sewing knits
with a regular machine. And then there's our Hello Stripes
Pinterest board that has loads of jersey inspiration (yes, we LOVE stripes). We'll also upload all entries to our Jaywalk Competition Pinterest board
as they come in.
The competition is open to one and all, local and international, and our favourite entry will win AUD$1000 or foreign currency equivalent. Five runner ups will each be awarded a $100 Tessuti gift voucher.
Please note that the following terms and conditions apply to enter the Jaywalk Sewing Competition:
- If you'd like to use a contrast/complementing fabric in your design, this must comprise no more than 20% of your final garment. Additional fabrics do not need to be purchased from Tessuti Fabrics.
- It is a condition of entry that the garment, images and any
associated materials be permitted for promoting Tessuti and the images
may be supplied to media for promotion.
- The winning entrant gives permission for Tessuti to use images of
themselves and the winning garment on the Tessuti website, blog and
other promotional opportunities if required.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If the winner is an entrant outside of Australia, money will be
awarded at the current exchange rate equivalent to the AUD1000 prize
relevant to the prize-winner's currency of residence.
garment/s, take up to ten great photos, email them to us at
email@example.com (Subject heading: 2014 Jaywalk entry)
and we'll upload them to a Jaywalk Pinterest competition board
Photo guidelines are as follows:
Please ensure you include:
• at least one photo of your garment/s in the design/development stage
• at least one photo of the close up details of your design
• at least one photo of the stitching/construction inside the garment.
• only portrait photos (not landscape) as this will show your garment at its best.
• crop the photos to 500 pixels wide, 750 pixels high.
• submit photos that show off your creation, at least one front, side and rear photo.
• photograph the outfit being worn on a real person! (ie not a dressmaker's form).
• have a photo or two of the dress under construction.
• have a photo or two of close ups of the garment/s, to show features and the quality of the construction.
• take the photos in natural light
Contest closes 11:59pm AEST Tues 10th June
which gives you a little over seven weeks to whip up your Jaywalk garment/s. If you have any questions, please email them to
Go get your Jaywalk on. Can't wait to see your creations!