Summer love - Grainline's Moss Skirt and Scout Tee

Happy New Year folks! Hope 2015 is off to a cracking start for all of you and that the new one has bought you at least a wee bit of sewing time to take the edge off that crazy busy Christmas caper...


I will out myself and admit that this Grainline Moss Skirt had been languishing in the UFO pile for quite a bit. It was actually my first project of 2014, evidence of which can be viewed over on Instagram here (aye, a more appropriate caption would've been New year. New Skirt. One day.). Anyhoo, better late than never because IT'S FINISHED NOW! Big props to Amanda and the awesome #bpSewvember for getting me back on it too (see Day 25).


Alas (and unsurprisingly) this lovely denim-weight cotton/elastane has long gone but can I just say that this, this, this and this would all be excellent for the Moss. I lined the pockets with a Japanese cotton from the stash and what do you know - that fly front zip wasn't so scary after all thanks to Jen's excellent tutorial. Yep (in addition to Why Didn't I Finish It Sooner), this one's achieved Summer Wardrobe Essential status because it has been on seriously high rotation since completion.


So while the Moss Skirt was my first project of 2014, the other Grainline pattern that finished my sewing year was the ever-popular, much-lauded Scout Tee. Now I get why. I haven't tried it in a woven (but it's totally on that to-do list now) and this pattern translates beautifully in knit fabrics. The one I used here was a pure cotton jersey from the stash. The shoulder fit and neckline depth are perfect and the loose fit makes it a super comfy wear.

GREAT patterns, super ace wardrobe staples, fantastic instructions and two great big sewing ticks in both of these.

Labels: , , ,