Ruby Cubed = Triple Love

I started on my first Ruby late last year and due to some binding shennanigans, promptly stalled. You would think that by virtue of editing our patterns I'd be pretty good at following the instructions, right? Erm, this time no. Sewing with silk is not without its challenges but the thought of unpicking was unpalatable enough to cast the project aside until I felt better up to the task.


So the next time I went back to Ruby it was with a different fabric. I was lucky enough to grab a small piece of this swoon-y silk crepe de chine and really, I couldn't imagine using it for anything BUT a Ruby Top. So with my first version still incomplete (and armed with that powerful knowledge of what NOT to do) I managed to nail it second - and sloooower - time 'round.

  

With Ruby Mark II, I was totally inspired by Leith's lovely linen version and later saw Rachel's beauty over on Instagram. I used a navy and black linen/viscose from the stash and lengthenend it by 50cm for a dressier look to wear with heels. I've lightened the pic below so you can see the gingham check a little better.

 

With two successful Ruby's under my belt in my closet, I now had enough confidence to re-visit Mark I. She's made up in Sunflower Oceano (also available in this yummy colourway) which is a magnificent satin-backed crepe de chine. 

 

Yep, the print is pretty damn lovely but the inside of this fabric matches it every bit in the feel-good stakes.


And while I'm obsessed with all things Ruby, here's a pic of Colette's latest dress version made up in Graffiato Rosso silk crepe de chine.


Ruby love? Yeah, just a little...

Labels: , , , , ,