Fossetti Fantasia Frock

If you're signed up to our mailing list or follow us on Facebook or Instagram, you'll know that we've just released our new spring/summer range of ponti knits. We were so excited when we purchased these lovelies in Europe so it's been SUPER exciting to release them to you guys. A great ponti knit is truly one of the most fabulous of fabrics. It's perfect for slim pants and leggings (like our Anita Ponti Pants), jackets, tube/pencil skirts, dresses and tops. Alllllll the possibilities!


For this dress I made for Gabby, I used the fabulous Fossetti Fantasia Punto . This wild, wacky and whimsical print is so much fun!



The simple dress design was inspired from one that Gabby spied in a RTW. For the top bodice, I used Vogue 8815  (a TNT pattern as shown here and here).


For the skirt part of the dress, I drafted my own pattern pieces. To give the dress more of a kick, I added a hem facing which helps it flute out nicely.


Labels: , , , ,