Going back for two more - Butterick 6178


I originally professed my deep and abiding affection for Butterick 6178 in this post and then I promptly went and made two more pairs. As I mentioned back then, I went a little colour cray-cray on a second pink pair. Granted, it's a soft and gentle pink but the last time I wore this shade with any degree of affection was c.1985 when I sported a similarly shaded, ankle-zip pair of jeans that I liked to wear with a white shirt, pastel patchwork vest and narrow pink LEATHER tie.
The fabric - Pink and Coconut - is a viscose/elastane/polyamide blend. It's a bonded, double-sided woven and is quite thick while still maintaining a really beautiful handle and fall.
It has minimal fray so I left all the finishes raw, including hems, and because of the fabric weight I left off the pockets. I finished off the waistband with a sweet contrast binding, as inspired by Debbie's blog post here.
For my next pair, I returned to my monocromatic happy place, went with basic black and I just know I'm gonna get LOADS of wear with these. The fabric - I Am Nero - is a fantastically matte, drapey, satin backed crepe.
Because of the elastane component I went down a size and again, decided to go sans pockets. I'm wearing them here with my much-loved Ruby Top.
  
So yes, with three pairs sewn I can safely say that my culotte-y itch has officially been scratched and now I'm looking forward to making a whole lot of summery tops to wear with them.

Labels: , , ,