Vintage Style 2542 silk midi skirt

As a panacea to Melbourne's coldest winter since 1989, I started this distinctly summer skirt back in late July.
The 1978 Style pattern is a beauty and I made up view 1. It was a satisfyingly quick sew, french seams and all. The fabric is totally dreamy, an Italian silk satin backed crepe de chine called Pink Design Attack (also available in this colourway).
For the curved pocket edges and pocket facings, I used a lightweight fusible interfacing to prevent stretching. The pockets aren't particularly deep but they're still pockets and I'm sure my hands will frequently find their way in there. 
If you're looking for a similar style and can't be bothered hunting around for the same pattern, try Megan Nielsen's Brumby Skirt. It's got lovely-looking deep pockets and is a little more generous with its gathers.

Labels: , , ,