Here's lovely Coral in two gorgeous modified versions of our Lisa Dress Pattern.
She cut the bodice pieces as per pattern but, instead of creating the centre front button facing, sewed the front bodices together at centre front point, leaving an 11.5cm/4.5'' opening at the neckline. The centre front facing is then pressed back and secured in place by the neckline binding and skirt seam edge. Because of this alteration to the bodice, Coral decided against topstitching the skirt centre front seam which keeps is nice and simple.
Coral lengthened her dresses to finish at 120cm/47.5" (adding approx 18cm/7" to the skirt). I just love it worn together with this striped jersey top.
In this lovely cobalt blue linen version (from her stash), Coral made a slightly shorter and more modest 10cm/4" neckline opening as she wanted to wear this dress on it's own. She also eliminated the centre front and back seams on the skirt, cutting these pattern pieces on the fold instead and omitting the side pockets for a quick and satisfying sew!
I'm totally inspired by Coral's modified versions of our Lisa Dress pattern, that I've one cut out ready to sew this weekend!
I loved these versions so much that I've decided to make my own and am using another method to create the split. I've cut off the centre front facing edges (3.2cm/1.25") as a separate front facing which I will lightly interface and sew back on to the fronts. This will leave me with a 1/2" seam allowance down centre front which I will trim back to 1/4" after sewing giving a little more structure to the neckline opening. Stay tuned!
Labels: Dresses, Linen, Pattern Reviews, Tessuti Patterns, Tessuti Staff and Friends