City Gym Shorts a.k.a Bloody Ace Shorts

You know those patterns that you sew up and then you just want to make ten more? OK, it's THESE!  The City Gym Shorts from Purl Soho tick so many of my TNT boxes. They're quick, cute, comfortable, scrap-busting, easy (SO easy) and *bonus points* kid-endorsed. And the pattern is free!
For this pair my daughter chose Blue Ripple Stripe and I contrasted the direction on front and back. The waistband is made up in our Navy Ripple Spot and to make them an even quicker cut/sew, I used pre-made binding. This chambray one is available in all stores.
I used Felicia's nifty waistband tip and it worked a treat. The kid LOVES them and put in an immediate request for a second pair. 'Nuff said.
You can find the PDF kids pattern here (click here for womens) and the full tutorial over on the original link at the start of this post.

Labels: , , , ,