More of Vogue Pattern 8196.



Ok ok.....I know that I have already posted about this great Vogue pattern 8196 ....but Georgia surprised me today by popping into Tessuti Surry Hills with another version of it made up in Tessuti's Japanese 100% cotton 'Cherry Red Spot' in view A.



I wanted to show this great blouse again... where the pattern was totally unaltered. Georgia also mentioned today that the only reason she altered the band in the blouse I posted about yesterday ...
was because the embroidery anglaise trim she used was wider than the pattern piece for the band - which meant the blouse sat better with the band placed higher - just under the bust.



This is a perfect puff sleeve



What a lovely detail - the band on the blouse and sleeve cuffs are piped with red ric-rac from Tessuti's trim range and the roule loops are made by cross-stitching thread by hand ( I will have to do a tutorial on this ) for the sweet 12mm red shirt buttons.

This blouse reminds me of a great BWOF blouse made by Christina from Assorted Notions.





These yummy red patent leather wedges are from Zomp Shoez.



Finally ...I had a lovely brunch and chat with Georgia today at one of my favourite cafe haunts in Surry Hills - Single Origin. Georgia ....I thoroughly enjoy our talks about sewing/fabric/clothing/shopping and thankyou so much for always being a very obliging model for me - especially in the alley ways of Surry Hills.

If only I could take those incredible shots like The Satorialist!!!

Labels: , , , , , , ,