Lauren's Design and Technology Major Work




Remember Lauren and her duppion rosette formal dress? She's been very busy this year studying and preparing for her HSC.

Lauren recently emailed me pictures of her HSC Design & Technology major work and said:

"For my major work I decided to design and make a dress which would encapsulate Australia’s national identity and culture. I used Tessuti fabrics for the under dress and bodice detail. For the skirt I purchased the silk from Silksational which I then hand-painted and embellished. In order to ensure versatility, the under dress was designed to be a couture inspired dress. It comprises of 4 different colours of tulle, cream silk dupion and the beautiful cream Valentino silk which was purchased from the Chatswood store. I used a discontinued McCall’s pattern (2799) which I bought off eBay for the bodice and just gathered the tulle for the skirt. I have attached some photos of this under dress and I was wondering if you would possibly be able to post it on your blog so I can gain a range of comments from those who are also interested in dressmaking to help me in my evaluation process?"

Photos of the whole garment are on Lauren's blog .




What do you think?

Labels: